As promised, here’s my quick and delicious lemon-roasted asparagus recipe!
Asparagus is a very versatile vegetable. You can dress it up and you can dress it down. Since this batch of asparagus was accompanying my Not-So-Guilty Chicken Parmesan, the asparagus had to be dressed to impress.
Sure, boiled asparagus that’s seasoned with some salt and pepper is good. It’s a bit bland, but good. But it still makes your pee stink.
So, if I’m planning on eating asparagus and I know what a waits, I’m going to make it worth my while.
And for this reason, I introduce my lemon-roasted asparagus recipe.
First and foremost, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Next, follow these directions!
What you’ll need:
- 1 lemon
- ¾ pound fresh asparagus
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- Cracked pepper (eyeball it – you know what you like)
How you’ll make it:
- Rinse your asparagus – you don’t know where it’s been and cut the white ends from the bunch
- Grab a cookie sheet, line with aluminum foil, spray the foil with your non-stick cooking spray
- Take your asparagus and neatly line them on your cookie sheet
- Drizzle the tablespoon of olive oil over the asparagus – sprinkle on your pepper and kosher salt
- Rinse your lemon – grab a zester and zest that baby to your liking – my rule of thumb, “Zest is best.”
- Once you’ve seasoned your asparagus – place in the oven and bake at 400 degrees F for 8 – 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and take that lemon that you zested and squeeze the juice over the asparagus
Serve it up and enjoy!