Eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland.
I’m an advocate for living the healthiest, most active life that I possibly can.
But, sometimes I have to admit that eating healthy can get a bit repetitive.
Fruit. Veggies. Lean chicken.
That’s why I decided to experiment in the kitchen to make a snack that was nutritious, low-calorie and packs a protein punch.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 medium ripe banana (mashed)
- 2 tbsp. Natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c oatmeal
- 1 scoop protein (vanilla or peanut butter)
- 1/2 c egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take out muffin tins and spray generously with non-stick spray
- Once the above ingredients are mixed thoroughly, grab a spoon and begin spooning the mixture into each muffin mold. For this recipe I was able to make 12 smaller cupcakes.
- Once the muffin tins are filled, place in oven and bake for 12 minutes.
Once the 12 minutes has elapsed, remove from oven and let cool.
Pair it with a piece of fruit or with a tablespoon of peanut butter for added protein. The opportunities are endless.
If you like them, experiment with the add-ins! Next time I make this recipe I’m thinking about adding some chopped walnuts or dark chocolate chips!
What would you add? Leave me a comment!